субота, 16. октобар 2010.

Poetry in a Global Box: Jamhuri ya Kenya (Republic of Kenya)

Betty Wamalwa Muragori
Mind Games

I was isolated, a woman all alone
And so, I played with my own mind
I invited nightmares, which unnerved me
I shook my world
I was left debilitated
Like a reflection I became unstuck

I was alone in the world,
All on my own,
My mind preyed on me like a vulture
I chased down wisps of terror
And made them my own
Like a rat in the wild there was no escape
The talons of my wits held me firmly in their grip

On my own in that place
Alone with tales long since dead
The sound and fury blowing my mind apart
I crouched with fear,
I stumbled and almost fell
Reeling in an avalanche of despair

Unexpected, a flash of light
From somewhere,
Blasted my head wide open,
And set me free
I blinked, with my reason
And escaped into the sunshine, embracing bliss

Betty Wamalwa Muragori

Нема коментара: